Pages

Khan Rebuilds Reputation by Stopping Molina


LOS ANGELES - Amir Khan was trying to build a new reputation. The victory over Carlos Molina will prove that his career as a boxer is not up yet.

Having parted ways with trainer Freddie Roach, Khan seemed to start a new chapter in his career. British boxer wants to forget the defeat to Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia.


Khan wanted to start building a new reputation by going against Molina, who is undefeated from the United States. Molina has a record of 17-0 (7 KOs). Fist fights will take place in Los Angeles on Dec. 15.

"This is my first step to face the best boxer in this class like [Floyd] Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. But It tooks me step by step, I would not face another big/great boxer soon, "said Khan.

"This is a very important fight for me. I need to win and then face a tough opponent next. After that I shoot better, "he continued, ESPN reported on Wednesday (10/17/2012).

So far, Khan has fought a total of 29 times by reaching 26 wins (18 knockouts) and three defeats. Bolton-born boxer is a former WBA and IBF champion for the middle class.

If he get victorious, Khan will shoot a big name to reclaim the title of champion. "I'm hungry to be world champion again. So, it's about beating them, restoring my title and face one of the big names, "he said.

0 comments: